[evo.theory] Evolutionary Theory reading group this Friday at 2pm

Lachlan Walmsley ldw917 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 14:11:06 AEDT 2018

Good afternoon Booty Capitalists (you'll have to do the readings to
discover what this means),

Last year, we learned a lot about life in a pre-civilized world, but had
not yet made the transition to state-hood. This Friday, that will change.

In the next two weeks we will complete James C Scott's *Against the Grain:
a deep history of the earliest states*.

This week, we will be reading chapters four and five. Copies of these
chapters (along with their end notes) can be found by following these links:

Chapter 4 Agro-ecology of the early state:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r516t35s85s0c5b/Against%20the%20Grain%20Chapter%204.pdf?dl=0

Chapter 5 Population control:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m90tuvdm4aq9gh0/Against%20the%20Grain%20Chapter%205.pdf?dl=0

As usual, all are welcome.