[evo.theory] CPS Reading Group - Cailin O’Connor

Rachael Brown rachael.brown at anu.edu.au
Thu Jun 27 22:50:43 AEST 2019

REMINDER CPS READING GROUP 10am FRIDAY
CPS Reading Group is meeting this week to discuss some work in progress on measuring for degrees of conventionality by Cailin O’Connor (UCI). Details are as follows.
Please note the unusual time.

When: Friday 28th June, 10am-11am **** unusual time
Where: Benjamin Library
What: Section 4.1 of manuscript here: https://bit.ly/2xbAYoI
Note from Cailin: Hi folks - I've got a (very) short bit in my book on creating a measure for degrees of conventionality. The section in question is 4.1, which includes pages 70-72. I'm hoping to expand this into a proper paper, and would really appreciate suggestions, feedback, and challenges from the reading group. If people are interested, there is background material/introduction to the models I'm using in chapters 1-3. I also plan, though, to do a ~10 minute overview of the needed background at the beginning of the meeting.

UPCOMING CPS READING GROUP SESSIONS
Please note our schedule for the coming few sessions:
28 June: Cailin O'Connor (UCI) leading discussion (10am-11am)
5 July: EXTENDED MEETING - Misinformation WIP Session (1pm-5pm)
12 July: No meeting due to AAP Conference
19 July: No meeting due to Jack Smart Lecture
26 July: Kirsten Walsh (Exeter) leading discussion
2 August: Adrian Currie (Exeter) leading discussion
9 August: Marta Halina (Cambridge) leading discussion