[IntLawProfessors] FW: Human Rights Teachers' Workshop - 21 February 2014 - Melbourne Law School

Donald Anton don.anton at anu.edu.au
Thu Oct 10 09:59:38 EST 2013

From: Human Rights Teachers' Network [mailto:mail at hrteachers.ning.com]
Sent: Thursday, 10 October 2013 9:30 AM
To: Donald Anton
Subject: Human Rights Teachers' Workshop - 21 February 2014 - Melbourne Law School

Apologies for cross postings
Dear Friends and Colleagues
Please find attached a flyer for the 2014 Human Rights Teachers' Workshop which will be held at Melbourne Law School on Friday 21 February 2014.
We are delighted that Professor Ron McCallum, Chairperson of the UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities has agreed to start the day with a keynote on 'The Importance of Taking Disability Rights Seriously'.
We are also inviting members of the network to submit expressions of interest to present on one of 3 panel sessions we have planned for the remainder of the day.  The details are included in the flyer: HR%20teachers%27%20workshop%20flyer%202014.docx<http://api.ning.com:80/files/-f9aSIzg7-JdYVr5tGhRjsoduWmf2VTl4OkhRgYzKb7aFv9ffxLoJxBILcU8t-D98wk4VBdedsg6M2YZy9zjtsZG50MmhPKU/HRteachersworkshopflyer2014.docx>
Attendance at the day is free and we would be grateful if you could register your intention to attend as soon as possible as this will assist with catering and venue arrangements. Just click HERE<http://www.law.unimelb.edu.au/iilah/news-and-events/event-registration-forms/2014-human-rights-tertiary-teachers-workshop/flushcache/1/showdraft/1?designmode=1>
We would also be grateful if you could please spread the word among your own networks and encourage RHD students and non law academics working on human rights issues to attend .  We have had a great turnout over the last 3 years and are keen to build on the momentum generated from previous workshops.  All inquiries can be directed to me: j.tobin at unimelb.edu.au<mailto:j.tobin at unimelb.edu.au>
We look forward to seeing you all in February 2014!
Kind regards
John Tobin
On behalf of the Organising Committee,
Andrew Byrnes