SPAMMING & more

Linda Rouse lrouse@mail.usyd.edu.au
Fri, 4 Oct 1996 17:58:07 +1100

Linkers
I received this in my mail today .... interesting! and alarming. No
indication of who else received it and not even addressed personally to me
- the TO list must be suppressed. Anyone else seen it? Spamming is a
current hot topic on the NETTRAIN list so I will be posting this message
there also - pardon the duplicate posting if you're on both.
Regards
Linda

>From: Lsat@Lsat.com
>Date: Fri, 04 Oct 1996 00:23:33 PDT
>Subject: Your ACCOUNT....
>
>Hey there.....Did you know that you could be getting FREE INTERNET
>ACCESS!!  Its true and the details are below!
>
>!!!!!!!!!!!  FREE INTERNET ACCESS   !!!!!!!!!!!
>
>NEVER EVER pay for Internet Access AGAIN!!! E-V-E-R!
>
>Amazing Course on Audio Tape describes STEP by STEP what your Internet
>
>Service Provider doesn't want you to know!
>
>* How to get FREE LOCAL DIAL-UP PPP Internet Access!
>* How to Surf the Web,Newsgroups,and EMAIL Anonymously/Untraceable!
>* How to Make VOICE Phone Calls ANYWHERE in the World UNTRACEABLE!
>* Where you can get FREE Email Remailing
>* Where you can get FREE Email Addresses
>* Where you can get FREE Access to News Servers
>* How to get FREE Internet Tools for Email, News, WWW, Etc.
>* How to get free accounts on BBS's
>* MUCH MUCH More!!!
>
>No matter where you live in the world we guarantee you will get FREE
>internet access legally and anonymously!
>
>TO ORDER:
>
>LSAT Productions
>PO Box 2747-453
>DEPT ES-96A
>Huntington Beach, CA  92648
>USA
>
>WE ACCEPT Check or Money Order.
>
>$24.95 Delivered (WORLDWIDE) (US FUNDS ONLY)
>
>Act NOW supplies are in Limited Supply!
>
>FAST SERVICE!
>
>ORDER FORM - Print out and mail
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  -
>
>                                               Price Each    Sub-Total
>
>__   Total # of Courses     __________   ___________
>
>           Shipping  (+ 1.00/add. course)     ___________
>
>        Sales Tax (CA residents 7.75%%)    ___________
>
>                    Order total                    US $___________
>PAYMENT BY:

etc etc etc

Linda Rouse                            Ph 02 9499 2666 or 1800 226 776
Internet Services Manager     Fax: 02 9498 7669
Housley Communications P/L    Internet: lrouse@extro.ucc.su.oz.au
Sydney NSW 2072 Australia     http://www.moreinfo.com.au/housley/

** Please note all Sydney phone/fax  numbers now start with 9. **