messages on spam

Tony Barry Tony.Barry@anu.edu.au
Wed, 9 Oct 1996 20:50:15 +1000

CC supressed as too many to pass through the list software. Originally from -
>From Dan_Tebbutt@acp.com.au

Sat Oct  5 08:12:09 1996
some interesting info and tactics in the never ending battle against spam
---------------------- Forwarded by Dan Tebbutt/ACP on 04/10/96 02:02 PM
---------------------------

From:   pagre @ weber.ucsd.edu (Phil Agre)
04/10/96 04:13 AM

[I have enclosed two messages about resisting spam.  The first is from Stanton
McCandlish at EFF (but writing on his own, and not as an EFF representative).
The context is that he had written a little manual about tracing the route
by which a spam message travelled into your mailbox, and I asked him to add
some examples.  Another is from someone I don't know well.  I do not endorse
everything he says, but the message is full of useful information and seems
reasonable.  Please use your own judgement and check your facts before doing
anything serious.  And, of course, please don't do anything illegal.]

This message was forwarded through the Red Rock Eater News Service (RRE).
Send any replies to the original author, listed in the From: field below.
You are welcome to send the message along to others but please do not use
the "redirect" command.  For information on RRE, including instructions
for (un)subscribing, send an empty message to  rre-help@weber.ucsd.edu