Advice wanted, regarding kiddie porn email

Robert Hart hartr@interweft.com.au
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 22:43:25 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 21 Oct 1996, Rachel Polanskis wrote:

> Hi,
> well I think I agree with roger -
> I'll submit my copy of the mail to abuse@aol.com, and let them handle it.

OK - I too have sent a copy of the email to abuseaol.com

> Also the suggestion to post a question to cert as well might be useful.
> I am unsure of the address to fwd this to though - anyone?
>
> Of course if I do not get a quick reply (12 hours) I will be following it
> up again...

Hmm - cert   rea concerned about computer/network security, not policing
pornography laws aren't they?

> Perhaps those of us that got the message should do the same fairly
> smartly too...

I have been advised to report this to the state police. I am not sure
about this - anyone got any suggestions? I am really concerned that just
having what purports to be material promoting paedophilia on a system
under my control might land me in trouble.

This is not a pleasant feeling at all.

Robert Hart                                  iweft@ipax.com.au
Voice: +61 (0)3 9735 3586
InterWeft, 35 Summit Road, Lilydale, Victoria 3140, Australia
        IT, data and voice networking Consultancy
        Strategic IT business planning
        Internet planning, implementation, security and configuration