Advice wanted, regarding kiddie porn email

ianp@peg.apc.org ianp@peg.apc.org
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 07:57:11 +1000

At 10:43 PM 21/10/96 +1000, Robert Hart wrote:
>On Mon, 21 Oct 1996, Rachel Polanskis wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> well I think I agree with roger -
>> I'll submit my copy of the mail to abuse@aol.com, and let them handle it.
>
>OK - I too have sent a copy of the email to abuseaol.com

Just checked a discussion on this on WELL -

This spam is very widespread in USA as well. America on Line has closed the
two accounts that set it up and are investigating. They ask that no more copies
be sent to abuseaol.

Current theory is that the whole thing is far too blatant to be real.
Imagine giving a physical address for the pornography supplier as the spam
email does, and sending tens of thousands of copies referring to the content
as "child pornography". One conspiratorial theory is  that this is the
Christian Coalition proving that the Internet is full of child porn by
creating some imaginary stuff.

Ian Peter