Advice wanted, regarding kiddie porn email

Danny Yee danny@staff.cs.usyd.edu.au
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 17:49:02 +1000 (EST)

Roger Clarke writes:
> I see *nothing* that suggests that possession (or even publication?!) of
> the means of acquiring infringing materials is itself an infringement.

> [That doesn't mean that some ill-educated and probably ill-advised
> policemen mightn't see it as their duty to try charging someone with a
> non-offence].

"I'm afraid you'll have to come along to the station with me:  this
document, RFC 791, a printed copy of which we found in your desk, is
responsible for almost all the child porn ever transmitted over the
Internet."

Danny.