You know the internet has become mainstream when...

George Michaelson ggm@connect.com.au
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 11:00:03 +1000

...The evening news from the ABC includes a story about McDonalds lawsuit
and when the camera captures the mini-demonstration outside the Old Bailey
one of the banners held most in view has nothing on it but:

	HTTP://www.mcdonaldsprotest.com/

(or something)

Amazing. Even on protest banners! Adverts I expected, its so normal now I
barely notice them. Sides of drink cans, fish & chip shop give-away leaflets
and other door-to-door junkmail. Its ubiquitous.

Now all we have to do is campaign to get the AWFUL eponymous www removed from
the front of any URL. just think how many terabytes we can save on the
backbones
by removing just 3 letters...

-George

--
George Michaelson         |  connect.com.au pty/ltd
Email: ggm@connect.com.au |  c/o AAPT,