that email...

Gordon Keith gordon_kei@antdiv.gov.au
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 15:01:58 +1000

On 23 Oct 96 at 11:59, Rachel Polanskis wrote:

> Anyway, while I am a 100% advocate of net.freedom, and anti censorship,
> this message crossed the barrier of human decency, and it was highly
> disturbing...

A confused lurker leaps into the fray with the question:
how can you be 100% anti-censorship and believe in a barrier of human
decency?

This is not meant as a flame. I've been watching the debates about
censorship for some time and am having trouble determining my
position.

Surely if you have some barrier of human decency then you have a
level of censorship?

Regards
Gordon
60% +/-30 anti censorship

-- gordon_kei@antdiv.gov.au --- gordonkeith@acslink.net.au
Gordon Keith               ,-_|\  Ph:  +61 3 6232 3489
Programmer                /     \ Fax: +61 3 6232 3351
Marine Science Section    \_,-._/
Australian Antarctic Division  *
http://www.antdiv.gov.au          http://acslink.net.au/~gordonkeith
(Standard disclaimer applies)

Shotgun wedding: A matter of wife or death.