unsolicited mail

Tony Barry Tony.Barry@anu.edu.au
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 16:13:20 +1000

At 11:07 on 96/10/23, Rosanne Bersten wrote:

> Guys, guys, stop already!!!

Yes lets stop.  I got the message three times and got two reqests from
people wanting to know about it as well as the large amount on link [which
I get 12 times beacuse all mail to DCA is bouncing at the moment :-( ].

This incident has been resolved although how to control spamming remains an
interesting problem which we have discussed before as can be sen in the
list archives http://www.anu.edu.au/mail-archives/link

Tony

Email          : Tony.Barry@anu.edu.au
Voice          : +61 6 249 4632         Fax: +61 6 279 8120
Details        : http://snazzy.anu.edu.au/People/TonyB.html

Head, Center for Networked Access to Scholarly Information,
Australian National University Library, A.C.T. 0200, AUSTRALIA.