You know the internet has become mainstream when...

Tom Worthington tomw@acslink.net.au
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 08:37:12 +1000

At 11:00 AM 23/10/96 +1000, George Michaelson wrote:

>Now all we have to do is campaign to get the AWFUL eponymous www
>removed from the front of any URL. just think how many terabytes we
>can save on the  backbones by removing just 3 letters...

It will also help with merchandizing: I had a lot of trouble having a URL
embroidered on clothing, as the computerized embroidering machines didn't
have / or ~ and were limited to 32 characters. Even then there is a syntax
error in the prototype I have been wearing for the last month, no one
spotted it on the Web photos or TV report. Special prize to the first one
who does.  ;-)

Tom Worthington <tomw@acslink.net.au> President, Australian Computer
Society, GPO Box 446, Canberra ACT 2601 http://www.acslink.net.au/~tomw,
Fax: +61 6 2496419