AARNet Traffic Stats

Rachel Polanskis rachel@juno.virago.org.au
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 10:04:07 +1000 (EST)

Roger Clarke writes:

> I received this from George McLaughlin at AVCC recently.  It looked likely
> to be of interest to many linkers, so I checked with him, and yes it is
> intended for public consumption by anyone interested  ...  Roger

It is interesting to note the rapid increase in traffic from april to
september, then the apparent flattening out in october, for many
NSW/Sydney area Unis.

This could likely be because of the introduction of Squid proxies
at some Unis in the last 2 months, and they have become a major factor in
the reduction of traffic.

At UWS Nepean, we have had a large group come online in the form of
Undergrads - which is a a recent thing (around May).

Rachel

--
Rachel Polanskis                 Kingswood, Greater Western Sydney, Australia
grove@zeta.org.au                http://www.zeta.org.au/~grove/grove.html