Internet Drinks Friday in Canberra

Tom Worthington tomw@acslink.net.au
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 08:36:54 +1100

This is an invitation to join Canberra's leading Internet professionals for
the "Internet Reality Check".

Time:   5 to 7pm Drinks, on Friday 1 November 1996
        Hotel Kurrajong, National Circuit, Barton, Canberra

Topic:  "World Wide Wealth?"

URL:	http://acslink.net.au/~tomw/irc/irc8.html

Special Guest: Dr. Bernard Robertson-Dunn, Azimuth Consultants
Australia Pty & member of the IT R&D Working Party

"How can we make money out of the Web?": A question many people have been
asking. The question for this IRC is the broader one of how our economy (in
Canberra, Australia and the World) can benefit from use of the web. Will a
few countries and companies gain all the benefit and reduce the rest of us
to web consumers, or can the benefits be more widely distributed? What do
our researchers, our governments, our companies and ourselves have to do to
make this happen?

Internet Reality Check (not to be confused with Internet Relay Chat) is
designed so that members of the 'net community can meet and exchange the
small amount of very important information which is not suitable for digital
transmission.    ;-)

Photos from last IRC with presidents of international IT societies:
http://acslink.net.au/~tomw/irc/irc7.html

The Kurrajong was selected for the IRC for its obvious 'net links (has a
home page, its on "National Circuit"...).

PS: To avoid confusion with regular Hotel patrons, all participants are
requested to wear a hat.

Tom Worthington <tomw@acslink.net.au> President, Australian Computer
Society, GPO Box 446, Canberra ACT 2601 http://www.acslink.net.au/~tomw,
Fax: +61 6 2496419