Government On-Line Directory (GOLD) Now Available

Sandra Davey sldavey@fl.asn.au
Thu, 31 Oct 1996 08:12:18 -1000

Hi everyone,

Re: x500 GOLD service:

>A few questions-
>* I assume that, as a beta version that there will be a few problems, but how
>current is the information going to be?
>* What mechanisms will be put in place to ensure that the information is as
>up-to-date as possible?

The X500 directory has been accessible over X25 for years now and all the
questions you ask here have been issues since it was electronically accessible.

>I think that GOLD is an excellent idea, I hope that all the non-technical
>issues are addressed so that it achieves its promise.

I agree too and would like to see issues of currency addressed if it is
going to be successful.

Regards,
Sandra Davey

Sandra Davey