Web managers position descriptions

Sydney Water Library waterlib@magna.com.au
Thu, 31 Oct 1996 10:37:34 -0800

I am currently doing some research for our IT department on the
roles/responsibilities/skills involved in managing a Web site - of
particular interest is Intranet sites but of course Internet sites have
many of the same issues.
As part of this, I am collecting copies of position descriptions and
organisation charts that include Web site management.  I would especially
like examples which include the "information management" aspect of site
management i.e. not just the technical side.  (I hope this doesn't start
another discussion of what is "informtion management"! - although it is
always worth having).
If you know of any you can send me, that would be great.  Otherwise, any
suggestions for organisations, sites etc that may help would be
appreciated.
I have already looked at the Professional Webmaster site -
http://www.cio.com/forums/wmf_the_job.html

Regards
Jenny Kena
Library Manager
Ph: 02 9350 5041
--
Sydney Water Library & Information Service
2nd Floor 115-123 Bathurst Street Sydney NSW AUSTRALIA