[LINK] Fwd: Census Config [Was: Personal comments on the eC

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Thu Aug 3 09:32:14 AEST 2006

At 06:16 PM 8/2/2006, Glen Turner wrote:
>... Tom, and others on AARNet.  Drop me a direct mail with useful
>stuff like your machine's IP address and the time you tried and
>we'll get to the bottom of this. ...

I was able to access the page using IE Version 6 and Opera 8. I was
even able to get to it using a mobile phone browser emulator. So it
seems to be a Firefox configuration problem, not a network one.

With Firefox I get the error message: "The connection to the server
was reset while the page was loading."  I get the same problem on my
home office iBurst connection and at the ANU.

Using IE I read the "Technical Help" on the Census web page, which
instructed me to enable Java, JavaScript and 128-bit encryption in
Firefox. But this didn't make a difference
<http://stream0.census.abs.gov.au/eCensusWeb/technical_help.html>.

Of course the help page wouldn't be much help if you have to have
these setting on before you can read it.  ;-)

I attempted to submit a fault report with the ABS, but as I don't yet
have a Census Form Number, the system would not allow me to post a report.

Tom Worthington FACS HLM tom.worthington at tomw.net.au Ph: 0419 496150
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd            ABN: 17 088 714 309
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617                http://www.tomw.net.au/
Director, ACS Communications Tech Board   http://www.acs.org.au/ctb/
Visiting Fellow, ANU      Blog: http://www.tomw.net.au/blog/atom.xml