[LINK] IE Java Off-Switch [Was: Census Config]

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Thu Aug 3 19:51:11 AEST 2006

At 16:03 +1000 3/8/06, Stilgherrian wrote:
>No, it's all WITH your consent.
>:)

I've had a chat with someone who has a direct interest in the matter.

The someone wants to know:
-  does this happen with IE6 or IE7
-  does it happen on a new IE install when Java is already installed,
    and/or when Java is newly installed after IE?
-  does this relate to a particular Service Pack or security patch?
-  any other config details that may be relevant

I'd be pleased to convey all experiences of this nature to that someone.

--
Roger Clarke                  http://www.anu.edu.au/people/Roger.Clarke/

                    Tel: +61 2 6288 1472, and 6288 6916

Visiting Professor in Info Science & Eng  Australian National University
Visiting Professor in the eCommerce Program      University of Hong Kong