Copyrighting colours (was Re: [LINK] Oracle & Open Source

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Sat Aug 5 12:28:21 AEST 2006

On 2006 Aug 05, at 10:40 AM, Howard Lowndes wrote:
> Don't get confused between trademarks and copyrights;

Yeah I didn't read it carefully enough.

> trademarks are more akin to patents, but I thought some company had
> its colour trademarks knocked back the other day - one of the big
> confectionary companies IIRC.

I remember that case but didn't realise it was trademark at the
time.  I thought it was copyright!!
Cadbury loses 'purple' case
http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/cadbury-loses-purple-case/
2006/04/28/1145861520896.html
http://www.baldwins.com.au/2006purple.php

--
Kim Holburn
Security Manager, National ICT Australia Ltd.

                           -- Lloyd Biggle, Jr. Analog, Apr 1961