[LINK] The Serious Privacy-Invasiveness of Census 2006

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Sat Aug 5 18:13:15 AEST 2006

On 2006 Aug 05, at 5:29 PM, Roger Clarke wrote:
> The 2006 Census is vastly more privacy-threatening than its
> predecessors.

> For these reasons, I for one will probably not be providing data,
> or providing pseudo-data, or getting so drunk that I can't remember
> where I was and using that as an excuse for not handing in a form,
> or ...  (I started assembling a list of options late last year, but
> can't remember them all).
>
> For others who may be considering such measures, below are the
> basics on the compulsoriness of filling in Census forms.
>
> Feel free to post this on to other individuals and lists, as
> appropriate.

I remember one year the Wizard of New Zealand who didn't want to be
included in the census rowed a boat out to (well maybe) the edge of
of New Zealand territorial waters (which wasn't as far then as it is
now).  You could always camp out in the mountains;-)
<http://www.wizard.gen.nz/contents.html>

Kim
--
Kim Holburn