[LINK] re: eCensus web page design

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Tue Aug 15 08:49:25 AEST 2006

At 11:26 AM 8/9/2006, Greg Taylor wrote:
>On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 08:41:04 +1000, Tom Worthington wrote:
>Most of the rest of your comments about the form and the process are
>subjective and pedantic.  The use of words like "confusing" and "daunting" ...

Point taken. I have toned down the language in the web version of the
comments: <http://www.tomw.net.au/technology/it/ecensus/>. Any
additions, corrections or comments would be welcome.

I should have congratulated ABS for producing the eCensus. Hopefully
the National Library of Australia have included a copy of the eCensus
in their Pandora archive <http://pandora.nla.gov.au/about.html>.

But it was disappointing that this good effort was spoilt by a lack
of attention to  details in the user interface.

Tom Worthington FACS HLM tom.worthington at tomw.net.au Ph: 0419 496150
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd            ABN: 17 088 714 309
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617                http://www.tomw.net.au/
Director, ACS Communications Tech Board   http://www.acs.org.au/ctb/
Visiting Fellow, ANU      Blog: http://www.tomw.net.au/blog/atom.xml