[LINK] re: RUF Dual Mode transport system

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Wed Aug 16 09:04:02 AEST 2006

At 05:52 PM 5/29/2006
<http://mailman.anu.edu.au/pipermail/link/2006-May/066862.html>, Kim
Holburn wrote:
>... http://www.ruf.dk/ ...

On the subject of new technology transport systems, I have suggested
that Canberra plan, but not build, a tram track to from the city
center to the satellite town of Belconnen
<http://www.tomw.net.au/technology/transport/transitway.shtml>.

Thanks to the Linkers for the extensive discussion of the technology
for booking systems and how long Berliners will wait in a beer garden
for a train
<http://mailman.anu.edu.au/pipermail/link/2006-May/066895.html>. If
we want Canberrans to use the public transport system, we will at
least have to fix the hole in the roof of the Belconnen Bus
Interchange, before fitting electronic signs and beer taps. ;-)

Tom Worthington FACS HLM tom.worthington at tomw.net.au Ph: 0419 496150
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd            ABN: 17 088 714 309
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617                http://www.tomw.net.au/
Director, ACS Communications Tech Board   http://www.acs.org.au/ctb/
Visiting Fellow, ANU      Blog: http://www.tomw.net.au/blog/atom.xml