[LINK] wikkipedia copypedia

Deus Ex Machina vicc at cia.com.au
Wed Aug 16 12:07:51 AEST 2006

http://weblog.ipcentral.info/archives/2006/08/wikipedia_respo.html

"Well, after noting that there was no Wikipedia entry for Battista
Agnese, someone named "Gregorrothfuss" posted one, and two minutes later
"Dekimasu" edited it. The summary of Agnese wasn't bad. I found it hard
to believe that someone reading about its absence in my blog entry could
perform so quickly the scholarship required to write an original piece.
I was right. It's lifted nearly verbatim from a site that appears #1
when you do a Google search for "Battista Agnese." The site's Battista
entry is here; it's part of a General Maps collection hosted by The
Library of Congress. Reliable site, but there's no mention on the
Wikipedia entry of The Library of Congress, the General Maps collecion,
or its page on Battista Agnese. It appears I've found more evidence of
Jim's derivative theory of Wikipedia content."