[LINK] What's a reasonable level of code-checking?

Rick Welykochy pirkeepie at yahoo.com.au
Sat Aug 19 06:10:21 AEST 2006

--- "Darryl (Dassa) Lynch" <dassa at dhs.org> wrote:

> It is a wonder the banks haven't started marketing a black box of their own
> that would only connect to their site and would only allow secure transactions
> between them and the consumer.  I suppose then we would have more home
> invasions.

I notice that the TD / Canad Trust bank in Canadia offers their
"EasyWeb Security Guarantee", although the devil is probably in the
details.

http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/ebanking/guarantee.jsp

e.g.
 "TD Canada Trust is not responsible for unauthorized access to
  accounts online or losses that occur as a result of you voluntarily
  disclosing your Access Card, Connect ID or EasyWeb password, or the
  careless or improper handling, storing or disclosure by you of this
  information."

Is falling victim to a phishing attempt considered "careless or improper
hanlding?"

I wonder if this guarantee consitutes anything more substantial than
what is on offer by other banks.

cheers
rickw