the dying unions have a wimper... Re: [LINK] Surveillance in extremis

Deus Ex Machina vicc at cia.com.au
Wed Aug 23 12:59:06 AEST 2006

Chris Maltby [chris at sw.oz.au] wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 06:53:48PM +1000, Deus Ex Machina wrote:
> > according to whom exactly? greg combet of the dying union movement?
>
> Vic,
>
> It was a question, not a statement. Did you notice the "?" on the end?
> You gave us a load of stuff about how the mining industry is booming
> and paying its workers heaps at present. None of which answers the
> question. Why did the takeup of AWAs lag until the no-disadvantage
> test was elminated?

according to what evidence?

> (depending on the bargaining power of the workers).  Whether increasing
> the profit share at the expense of the wage share

according to what evidence?

>is good for the
> economy and the society it is meant to serve remains an open question.
> I guess we're presently conducting an experiment and might find out,
> unless the coming end of the commodity price boom masks the effect.

> > flexibility was already having a positive effect on the economy.
>
> For someone concerned about increasing wages (and tax cuts) adding
> fuel to inflation, I suppose it's natural to be in favour of measures
> that allow wages to fall.

where is the evidence that wages in general have fallen?

I dont perticularly understand why you think people without abns
should for some strange reasons have dramatically more rights then
people with abns? perhaps you care to enlighten me?

Vic