[LINK] Surveillance in extremis

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Thu Aug 24 10:53:34 AEST 2006

At 10:31 AM 24/08/2006, Geoff Ramadan wrote:
>>bins with RFIDs is just another poorly governed procurement of ICT.
>
>How can you address the problem if you don't monitor and provide feedback.
>This is exactly what the RFID Garbage Tracking system is doing.

Maybe like the do in victoria. -- use the camera, if you find something not
quite so good in the recycle bin, get out of the truck and put a shame on
you sticker on the bin! I know, because that is what happened to me,
despite the fact that I still don't know what was in it that was bad or
even if it was something I put in the bin since they are often stuffed with
junk from stupid neighbours, not me.

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed, there is
no plant.' - JW, April 2005