[LINK] Qantas bans Dell laptop batteries

brd at iimetro.com.au brd at iimetro.com.au
Thu Aug 24 11:45:35 AEST 2006

Quoting Brenda Aynsley <bpa at iss.net.au>:

> Howard Lowndes wrote:
>

>>> But I thought laptops had to go hold baggage anyway after the UK
>>> panic, or have they relented on that?
>
> I flew domestically yesterday and it's business as usual
>
> cheers
> brenda

Even flying from the UK, they have reverted to the old rules for laptops:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/dft_about/documents/page/dft_about_61
2280.hcsp

Each passenger is permitted to carry ONE item of cabin baggage through the
airport security search point. The dimensions of this item must not exceed:
a maximum length of 45 cm, width of 35 cm and depth of 16 cm (17.7"×13.7"
×6.2"
approx) (including wheels, handles, side pockets etc.). Other bags, such as
handbags, may be carried within the single item of cabin baggage. All items
carried by passengers will be x-ray screened.

All laptops and large electrical items (e.g. large hairdryer) must be remov
ed
from the bag and placed in a tray so that such items neither obscure nor ar
obscured by the bag.

Regards
brd

Bernard Robertson-Dunn