[LINK] Qantas bans Dell laptop batteries

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Sat Aug 26 10:36:33 AEST 2006

At 07:30 PM 25/08/2006, Ivan Trundle wrote:
And if Sony are unaffected by this (i.e. if *their* laptops are
>unexplodable), then the conspiracy theorists will suggest that it was
>all a dastardly plot by them to increase market share at the expense
>of others.
>
>No wonder that Dell, Apple, Lenevo and HP are getting together to
>talk about developing a 'uniform laptop battery' and to sketch out a
>'universal battery standard' in the coming weeks. I wonder if Sony
>will be invited to the party?

Ohhhh Does this mean an end to the proprietary standards of
batteries?  Might we finally be on the path to a "one battery fits all"
solution!

Might the consumer benefit from a product range that goes from 500
differing types all costing hundreds to 1 product type costing 1/500th!