[LINK] Wikipedia chart hits

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Mon Aug 28 21:28:26 AEST 2006

I'll bet printed encyclopedias don't get the same results: Wikicharts
polls the top-100 articles on Wikipedia. It's been running for just
over 2 days (and suggested that the results are possibly inaccurate).
I'd suggest that this is far more enlightening that anyone would have
predicted, even after AOL's recent disclosure of search terms used by
its subscribers:

1. Mainpage
2. Wikipedia
3. Pluto
4. United States
5. List of gay porn stars (list of female porn stars doesn't rank
until 68).
6. Sexual intercourse
7. Wii
8. Wiki
9. List of sex positions
10 Kamu Sutra
11. Pornography
12. Solar system
13. Google Earth
14. List of big-bust models and performers
15 Comair Flight 5191
16. C programming language
17. The Simpsons
18. Oral sex

etc... How depressing, no? Want to see the whole 100?

http://tools.wikimedia.de/%7Eleon/stats/wikicharts/index.php?
ns=articles&limit=100&month=08%2F2006&wiki=enwiki

iT