[LINK] Surveillance in extremis

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Tue Aug 29 12:14:17 AEST 2006

At 10:26 AM 29/08/2006, Karl Auer wrote:
>On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 09:56 +1000, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
> > If people think this is trivial...we are paying 4x$291 for the removal
> > of 1 partly filled 240l garbage bin each week and a 1x120l blue and
> > yellow recycle bin on alternate weeks.
>
>Can you opt out of the system entirely? It might be cheaper to have NO
>collection service, and cart the waste to the nearest tip yourself.

Taking waste to the tip doesn't work.  You are not permitted to bring food
waste and packaging to the tip.

It costs $35 to go into the tip with a "boot" full of rubbish.

Take a trailer it's $90.

If you take a Trailer more than 1 a month, you are considered "commercial"
and have to pay extra fees.

If you take a boot more than twice a month, you are considered commercial
and have to pay extra fees."