[LINK] Surveillance in extremis

Deus Ex Machina vicc at cia.com.au
Tue Aug 29 14:50:19 AEST 2006

Marghanita da Cruz [marghanita at ramin.com.au] wrote:
> <snip>

> >>better still compost it!
> >

> >composting in an urban enviroment is a disaster. it attracts every bug
> >and cockroach in the area.  I would never do it again unless I was on a
> >farm.
> >
> >composting is for farms not the inner city.
> ...rubbish....
> see <http://www.ramin.com.au/eco-sydney/composting.html>

"If you have a non-toxic garden, after a while, you will notice that the
compost heap will be integrated into the garden's ecosystem. Birds and
skinks will eat the maggots and flies."

and who eats the cockroaches?  if you have a big garden and can put it
in the furthest spot away from your house it might be ok. but in a
typical suburban block its an absolute nightmare.

Vic