[LINK] Access Card Briefing, Sydney, 13 December 2006

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Mon Dec 4 10:12:51 AEDT 2006

At 05:13 PM 1/12/2006, Tom Worthington wrote:
>ps: The Government has responded to criticism of the project
><http://www.tomw.net.au/technology/it/smartcard/>, by increasing
>safeguards and decreasing its scope. But assurances as to the proper
>running of the system are less credible after the Office of the
>Access Card sent out the wrong attachment with their invitation to
>the briefing. If they have trouble working e-mail, how will they go
>with a highly complex access card system?  ;-)

They also did a terrible job letting the public know about their
sessions with a string of URLs pointing to info about the industry
briefing only. I wrote to them asking why Sydney only and when would
the public meeting be held. Here is the reply:

>The Consumer and Privacy Briefing will be held at 2-4pm on the same day
>as the industry briefing and in the same location.  The Briefing will be
>recorded and made available on the Access Card website for those that
>cannot make it in person.  Here is a link to the website for you
>www.australia.gov.au/accesscard

(there is STILL nothing on the homepage about these briefings! and I
don't know what 'recorded' means)

Here is the link at the end of the chain mentioned in the press
release with the information about where. Since this is Industry
info, who knows what they want for the public to RSVP!

Interested parties are invited to attend an industry briefing on the
development and implementation of the health and social services
access card. Attendees will be provided with information to assist
them in responding to upcoming tenders in relation to the ICT
procurement activities for the development and implementation of the
access card.