[LINK] browser confusion: the answer!

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Tue Dec 5 08:28:35 AEDT 2006

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 05:17:24PM +1000, Linda Rouse wrote:
> Explains a lot ( I remember Mosaic very well!) but I am still not
> really clear on why so many hits would register for Netscape 7 ...

maybe your webstats program is grouping all mozilla-based browsers as
"Netscape 7". that seems a lot more likely than you getting thousands of
AOL Netscape requests and no mozilla requests at all.

craig

ps: it still doesn't matter.  web sites should be written to the html
standards, not for the bugs and quirks of any individual browser.

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)