[LINK] Fwd: Please confirm your message

Martin Barry marty at supine.com
Wed Dec 6 12:12:33 AEDT 2006

$quoted_author = "Adam Todd" ;

> When you subscribe to a mail list (or e-bay, or yahoo, or msn, or ...),
> 99.9% have a challenge process of sending you an email, which often takes
> hours to come to you, and then you reply to the email or click on a link.
>
> Does this offend you as much as reducing spam and increase productivity in
> private communications?

What the?

What has double opt-in solutions got to do with C/R anti-spam systems?

I'm quite happy to confirm my subscription to a mailing list or website as I
asked for it.

I never asked to be part of anyone's anti-spam solution.

http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Mail/challenge-response.html

cheers
marty

--
"Every problem in the world can be fixed with either flowers,
   or duct tape,

- illuzion (David Millington)

[1] - http://www.kuro5hin.org/comments/2003/3/15/175156/106/43#43