[LINK] Fwd: re: vip-l: Federal Election

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Thu Dec 7 08:34:25 AEDT 2006

fyi . I've included Graeme's contact info because of his official
position. Thought linkers might like a heads up.
Jan

>Dean and others,
>
>The Federal Government have announced a trial of electronic voting,
>and I understand that the necessary legislation may have passed the
>Senate but not the Reps yet.
>
>VISION Australia, BCA, AFDO and HREOC are members of an advisory
>committee to the Australian Electoral Commission on the process.
>
>I won't say much more yet, but you should expect some news early next year.
>
>Hope this helps
>
>Graeme
>
>Graeme Innes AM
>Human Rights Commissioner
>Commissioner responsible for Disability Discrimination
>Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission
>Tel: 61 2 9284 9692
>Email: graemeinnes at humanrights.gov.au

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed,
there is no plant.' - JW, April 2005