[LINK] Einstein's fridge an example for NICTA?

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Tue Dec 12 15:08:20 AEDT 2006

Antony Barry wrote:

> On 12/12/2006, at 8:23 AM, Karl Auer wrote:
>
>> This ONLY makes sense once research has shown itself to be  commercially
>> useful, which is a bit of a Catch-22. Most research takes place long
>> before that - so who funds it?
>

> Laser and deciphering DNA would have been done with no idea of the
> industries that developed.
....I am not sure you can put these both in the same category....

DNA/Genetics has been a source of interest for millenia...

..and I was recently told about the Raman Effect discovered in 1922

(small talk about
variations on my business name make a change from being
told about variations on my personal name).
<http://www.ramin.com.au/ramin.html#meaning>

Marghanita
--
Marghanita da Cruz