Fwd: [LINK] Coonan launches RFID guide

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Thu Jul 27 18:11:21 AEST 2006

At 04:49 PM 27/07/2006, Roger Clarke wrote:
>  Standards body GS1 Australia in conjunction with the Australian
> Retailers Association is currently
>developing a privacy code of practice for RFID use in the Australian
>retail industry. EPCglobal has also
>published privacy principles. More information is available from the
>website of GS1 Australia
>(www.gs1au.org).

I'm on a panel for this effort. They will be releasing a draft industry
code later this year for public comment. I reckon Coonan jumped the gun.

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed, there is
no plant.' - JW, April 2005