[LINK] Will all software go open source?

Brendan Scott brendansweb at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jul 28 10:13:53 AEST 2006

Kim

You can't make money out of open source.  MySQL is just a figment of someone's imagination.  Even if they do exist, they're not really signficiant because someone else wrote a database before they did so they're not being innovative.  There has never been any proven link between MySQL's database development and the protection of the fur seal habitat in Northern Alaska.  Now I ask you if they can't help the fur seals, who can they help?

As a matter of policy therefore Governments shouldn't fund public education ... or was it road infrastructure?  Hang on, let me check my donor list.

Brendan