[LINK] Code highlights e-passport eavesdropping risk

Geoffrey Ramadan gramadan at umd.com.au
Wed Nov 1 23:17:43 AEDT 2006

Adam

Did you also read the following paragraph from your link.

"The approach still requires knowing a secret key, derived from data
printed inside a passport, which is designed to protect against
eavesdropping."

There is nothing magical about reading data from a RFID chip.

Regards

Geoffrey Ramadan B.E.(Elec)
Chairman, Automatic Data Capture Association (www.adca.com.au)
and