[LINK] Is it Gb or GB?

David Pedler David.Pedler at sis.qld.gov.au
Mon Nov 6 18:07:51 AEDT 2006

We are having a debate over bits, nibbles, bytes and words.  If you have
a 10bit word can that be also called a byte.  I believe not, a byte is 8
bits.

Also is it GB for Gigabyte and Gb for Gigabit?  These days a lot of
people use Gb for Gigabyte; I believe that is wrong too.

Comments please?

David
David Pedler
Manager, Enterprise Architecture
Shared Information Solutions
p: (07) 303 30164
e: David.Pedler at sis.qld.gov.au

Thought for the day: Work hard and become a leader; be lazy and never
succeed -- Proverbs 12:24

The information contained in the above e-mail message or messages (which includes any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the addressee any form of disclosure, copying, modification, distribution or any action taken or omitted in reliance on the information is unauthorised. Opinions contained in the message(s) do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Queensland Government and its authorities. If you received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your computer system network.