[LINK] Oldest registered .au domain?

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Mon Nov 6 19:45:07 AEDT 2006

Ivan, this is a tricky area.

See those names weren't part of the Domain Name System, but part of the
HOSTS lists.

I can't even remember what mine was in 1986, it's long gone as the
"scattered" approach by some of us rebels got clobbered when DNS came into
being :)

As to the first com.au, I have the full .AU name space registry on my
server, if you'd like to hunt though it and find the one with the oldest
date, you are most welcome to.  Whether that in fact indicates the oldest
is questionable.

 From my immediate recollection .au didn't come about till some time later
(I'd say "quite later" but time passing is subjective.)