[LINK] Top posting is evil [was Re: vip-l: Electronic votiing]

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Thu Nov 16 14:49:19 AEDT 2006

Craig Sanders wrote:

> ps: top-posting is evil.  replies go underneath quoted material, not above it.

Couldn't agree with you more. Someone's sig even demonstrates how
ridiculous tand disinformative top posting is.

What really adds to the annoyance is that I am seeing more and more
top posting than ever before. Is this because of the preponderance
of email clients that insist on a top-post format when reply to emails?

i.e. I don't think the user is responsible for this state
of affairs. If your mailer top-posts it is a real pain to fix up the
mess each time you post a reply to a list. Blame brain-dead software
designers who think they know everything and in fact know fsck-all about
HCI.

cheers
rickw

P.S. I like the open source Mozilla mailers in this regard: they always
quote first then let me answer underneath. The antaural order of reading :)