[LINK] Fwd: vip-l: Victorian Electronic Voting

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Thu Nov 16 22:02:37 AEDT 2006

Here's what is being sent to the vision impaired community.
Jan

>From: "Nadia mattiazzo" <nadia.mattiazzo at bca.org.au>
>To: "bca-l" <bca-l at yahoogroups.com>,
>         "vip-l" <vip-l at softspeak.com.au>,
>         "BCA Youth" <ybcv-members at yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: vip-l: Victorian Electronic Voting
>Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 15:55:08 +1100
>Sender: owner-vip-l at softspeak.com.au
>
>Hello all
>
>I am forwarding the below information for those who wish to vote
>electronically during the Victorian State election.  I encourage as
>many of you as possible to think about taking part in this as the
>feedback and involvement in this process will help to ensure that
>this form of voting is offered to us at the next federal election.
>
>If you are attending an e-centre with a sighted person, please be
>aware that they are able to vote in the regular manner but that they
>must let the poling official know they will not be able to vote on
>election day.
>
>I have included below, a list of e-voting centres and the times they
>will be open.
>

>List of E Centres
>Ballarat
>Vision Australia
>1300 Howitt Street, Wendouree
>
>Melbourne CBD
>Melbourne Town Hall
>Cnr Collins and Swanston Streets
>
>Heidelberg
>Olympic Leisure Centre
>15 Alamein Road, Heidelberg West
>
>Shepparton
>Vision Australia
>Cnr Archer Street and Channel Road, Shepparton
>
>Kooyong
>Vision Australia
>454 Glenferrie Road, Kooyong
>
>Warragul
>Vision Australia
>2A Mouritz Street, Warragul
>
>Times
>Monday, 13 November to Friday, 24 November (weekdays)
>8.30am to 6.00pm
>
>Saturday, 18 November
>9.00am to 2.00pm
>
>Thursday, 23 November
>8.30am to 8.00pm
>
>Election day hours of operation:
>Saturday, 25 November 8.00am to 6.00pm
>
>All E Centres are fully wheelchair accessible
>
>Please forward this information on as widely as possible.
>
>Nadia Mattiazzo
>Executive Officer
>Blind Citizens Australia
>Phone: 03 9372 6400
>Fax: 03 9372 6466
>TTY: 03 9376 9275
>Email: <mailto:nadia.mattiazzo at bca.org.au>nadia.mattiazzo at bca.org.au
>Website: <http://www.bca.org.au>www.bca.org.au
>Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed,
there is no plant.' - JW, April 2005