[LINK] Electronic Voting

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Fri Nov 17 22:28:44 AEDT 2006

At 05:08 PM 17/11/2006, Kim Holburn wrote:
>I'm not even sure Australia has compulsory registration.  I remember
>at the 1975 elections I was dropped off the rolls.  I seem to
>remember they did a sweep of the registered addresses two weeks
>before the elections and removed anyone who wasn't at their
>registered address and I had moved and wasn't much interested in
>politics at the time.  I got pissed off at the whole process and
>didn't reregister until years later.  Once you're registered though
>you can get fines for non-appearance/not voting.

It certainly is compulsory registration for new citizens. They
wouldn't give us our certificates if we hadn't filled in the voting form.

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed,
there is no plant.' - JW, April 2005