[LINK] Fwd: vip-l: Electronic votiing

David Goldstein wavey_one at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 19 17:42:08 AEDT 2006

Oh dear, here we go again, sigh. Craig, now, since nobody on this list has come up with a practical solution to combining the rights of people who are blind, and even vision impaired in many cases, to vote with privacy and security I've got a project for you.

I want you to come up with an alternative following consultation with people who are blind and vision impaired and their advocacy groups.

Otherwise all you're showing is you don't have any idea on what the issues are. And let's face it, whether you like it or not, electronic voting is coming, and sooner rather than later. So you can jump up and down and have your tantrums, but it won't achieve anything. So you need to come up with a solution that combines your concerns and the concerns of people who are blind and vision impaired.

And no, I won't stop posting while there are there are those who think discrimination is fine, as long as they get their way. Technology is a great means of helping people with disabilities overcome the challenges they face in their day-to-day lives.

So enough of the language Craig. I'm sure the list prefers that it be done without.

David