[LINK] RFC: Web 2.0

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Sat Nov 25 09:06:32 AEDT 2006

On 2006/Nov/25, at 12:51 AM, Jan Whitaker wrote:
> At 06:30 PM 24/11/2006, Kim Holburn wrote:
>> I use firefox all the time but unfortunately I have found Firefox 2.0
>> is not stable enough for me yet nor does tab mix plus work
>> properly yet!
>
> What is tab mix plus?

It's a great tab enhancer.  In 1.5 it includes a session restore
function, in 2.0 that's built in.  Tab mix plus allows several rows
of tabs, has a load bar for each tab and indicates which tabs you've
read.  Allows you to clone a tab, reopen closed tabs etc.

> I find that 1.508 still has bad memory management. It sometimes
> locks up and stops responding. The only choice is to kill it
> through task manager and reload. I use session manager to regain
> all my tabs. That's a brilliant extension if you haven't tried it yet.

Yeah, after a few days firefox has eaten huge amounts of memory and
starts slowing down.  I have to restart it.

Kim

--
Kim Holburn
IT Network & Security Consultant