[LINK] E-Democracy

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Wed Nov 29 08:31:37 AEDT 2006

At 01:28 AM 29/11/2006, Stephen Loosley wrote:
>And, that's what I'm suggesting. If all proposed bills were
>down-loadable from the one place, and included quick and easy
>public-response resources, (eg form-pages) then sure, some emails
>would be junk/rants, but many would be right on the money. And
>helpful and useful, yet very easy for the public to provide for them.

The first bit is easy.
http://www.aph.gov.au/bills/index.htm

The second bit I doubt will ever be done by government. They do NOT
want to know, not really. For all their polling, they ignore all of
it unless it agrees with their own position. I've never seen such
recalcitrants as politicians!

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed,
there is no plant.' - JW, April 2005