[LINK] Airport to tag passengers

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Fri Oct 13 20:06:33 AEST 2006

At 07:40 PM 13/10/2006, Eleanor Lister wrote:
>a very late entry to this discussion, i was killing mon... er, working,
>yes truly, working hard, so i missed the thread growth, but a small
>observation:
>
>i remember in the Foundation trilogy by Isaac Asimove where a chap had to
>find an obscure room in a huge megacity called Trantor that he acquired
>some glasses and they were set to his destination, he just wandered around
>and arrows with a colour (only he could see his arrows) lit up in the
>glasses pointing which way to go, and even directed him on and off public
>transport until he reached his destination.

You can buy "glasses" with VGA displays built in, that act likes a "Heads
up" display.  COmbined with a PDA (that has a video output) and GPS
software, add headphones and not only do you get arrows, but a the Sexy
Voice from Pagogo saying "Honey, you need to turn left just up ahead."

:)

>i thought this was very cool, and perhaps a boarding pass with active RFID
>could be something like that.  i guess i didn't see it as threatening
>because it was voluntary, just a normal and quite handy way for people to
>get about.

I think it's great. Provided the user has the control over the application,
data collection and it's not sending out homing signals!

That's when voluntary becomes not so voluntary.