[LINK] Quality e-Publishing Support for the ICT Profession, ANU Wednesday 6pm

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Mon Oct 16 14:22:59 AEST 2006

Linkers welcome to attend (or send comments):

Title: Quality e-Publishing Support for the ICT Profession: Open
Access Publishing with The Open Journal System

Speaker: Tom Worthington FACS HLM

Chair of Scholarly Publishing for the Australian Computer Society and
Visiting Fellow at the Australian National University.

For the ACS Software Quality Assurance Sig, Systems Engineering
Society of Australia (SESA), IEEE Computer Society (IEEE-CS) and SCSC

6 pm, Wednesday 18 October 2006, Computer Science & IT Building
(108), North Road, ANU, N101, Australian National University, Canberra

<http://www.tomw.net.au/technology/it/qpublishing.shtml>

This is for the ACS Software Quality Assurance Sig at the Australian
National University this Wednesday. I will be talking about the
digital library for free open source publishing by the ACS. This uses
existing open source software for the mechanics of the publishing.
What breaks new ground is trying to do scholarly publishing with web
advertisements to cover the cost.

ps: Wednesday next week I am talking to the Canberra Society of
Editors at the National Library of Australia on IT tools for
publishing <http://www.tomw.net.au/technology/it/epublishing.shtml>.

Tom Worthington FACS HLM tom.worthington at tomw.net.au Ph: 0419 496150
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd            ABN: 17 088 714 309
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617                http://www.tomw.net.au/
Director, ACS Communications Tech Board   http://www.acs.org.au/ctb/
Visiting Fellow, ANU      Blog: http://www.tomw.net.au/blog/atom.xml