[LINK] Airport to tag passengers

Geoff Ramadan gramadan at umd.com.au
Tue Oct 17 10:36:40 AEST 2006

Karl

As you point out, these are not actually rights in law (but should be from you view)

But also as mentioned before, Passengers also have a "right" to safe travel.
Airports have an obligation to provide safe travel, which include protecting
against threats, not to mention customs and other legal compliance obligation.

How do you balanced all these obligation and rights, if there is no law? Does
all the views carry the same weight?

 From the RFID privacy perspective, there are guidelines you can turn to. So far
from what I can tell, this application meets those guidelines.

So forgetting that this is a dumb system and waste of money, from a privacy
perspective, does it comply with legal and privacy guidelines?

Or is the concern that, this just generally goes against peoples principles?
(i.e. the weight that you apply to balancing these "rights")

Regards

Geoffrey Ramadan, B.E.(Elec)
Chairman, Automatic Data Capture Australia (www.adca.com.au)
and